Alta Vista South Community Association Pool Rules
Adopted by the Board of Directors for Temporary Use 120 days beginning June 16, 2020
The following Temporary Facility Use Rules are intended to make Association facilities accessible to the membership while promoting good hygiene and proper social distancing. Please understand that the risk of infection associated with COVID-19 is an unknown and, while the Association is taking precautions to minimize the risk, there is no way for the risk to be completely eliminated. Thus, please understand that the USE OF THIS ASSOCIATION FACILITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Also, please understand that the Association’s ability to keep its facilities open and to mitigate the risk related to COVID-19 is dependent upon everyone working together with social distancing and doing their part to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- Anyone using the pool is required to adhere to all the rules contained herein, as well as existing rules that do not conflict.
- No person may access the pool area that is sick, that has a fever or a confirmed case of COVID-19. Any person visiting the pool area should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Access to the pool area is restricted to residents and their household only. Guests are not permitted to use the Association facilities at this time.
- Only residents of the same household may use the spa at any time, if this is violated, the spa may be closed, without notice.
- Residents are required to respect the instructions of any Association agents, including security, relating to when the facility is open or closed, as well as any instructions pertaining to proper hygiene or social distancing.
- All residents accessing the facility are required to bring either disposable sanitary wipes or similar cleaning materials to use on any surfaces in the pool area that the resident intends to come into contact with (e.g. to disinfect the door handle before entry). Residents are encouraged to wipe down equipment and/or furnishings both before and after each use as a courtesy to neighbors.
- Residents are required to maintain the minimum safe distance as currently required by the CDC between themselves and any other resident or group. Residents should be respectful of the sentiments of neighbors relating to social distancing.
- All pool furniture has been removed to reduce the number of surfaces being shared by residents of different households
- These rules are intended to temporarily supplement existing pool rules. Where there is a conflict between the existing rules and the temporary rules, the temporary rules prevail.
- The Board has passed these temporary rules in order to allow residents to conditionally use a portion of the Association’s amenities. With that stated, it is the Board’s expectation that all residents will comply with these temporary rules. If any resident is found to be in non-compliance with any of these, or any other Association rules, the Board reserves the right to enforce said rules as it deems appropriate within its authority.
- The facility may be closed at any time without notice if an outbreak occurs.